- understanding and following rules
- caring about themselves and others, physically and emotionally
- learning to make decisions
- knowing right from wrong
- treating others with respect, kindness, empathy, love. etc.
- being responsible
The list goes on and on. Frankly, raising a child can seem like a daunting task for any new and/or established parent.
What is one of the ways to help mold your child into a citizen of the world?
One way is to create opportunities for confidence. For the younger child, these opportunities could be as simple as:
- folding towels
- making the bed
- getting food and water for a pet
- putting away toys
- helping Mommy at the grocery store
For the older child, these opportunities could be:
- trying something new (sport, hobby, musical instrument, class, etc.)
- making dinner for the family
- doing chores and depositing their earnings into a savings account
- babysitting younger siblings or other younger kids in the neighborhood
- bringing in the newspaper or mail for a neighbor who is on vacation
We'd love to hear what you do to help create opportunities for confidence!